Friday, April 17, 2009

Logo Design

Logos are everywhere. And I think every group needs a good logo, if they want to have their stuff easily recognized. I recognize logos much faster than I can read. Logos helps brand everything you do. Moreover, logos have truly utilitarian value for all types of cultural groups. Most churches and non-profits can benefit from a good logo. It ends up being used on websites, business cards and envelopes.

But, I have seen my share of ugly logos. (And, I must admit, I've even designed a few ugly ones myself.) As I am in the process of redesigning the Firelit logo, I did a little searching and found a couple good sites about logo designs, along with some sites with really good examples of logos.

David Airey has a good primer in logo design.

LogoPond has examples of well done logos.

Or use this site to see how "holy" your current church logo really is. He he ;)

No comments: