Thursday, August 6, 2009

Group text messaging

Just recently ShortShout has been released to the world, so I thought I'd give it a mention here. ShortShout is a group texting manager. It is a great way to keep groups up to date on events and changes and other things. It allows group leaders to send out SMS messages to everyone who subscribes. I originally designed it for my youth group. I found that many of the youth didn't check their email very often at all–and I think this is true for most people in general. But, they did check every text message they got. And that's what makes ShortShout such a great tool. You can send messages to people and not only are they read, but they are read almost as soon as they are sent. You can't beat that. This makes ShortShout a great tool for all kinds of groups, from youth groups to bowling leagues, basketball leagues to office pools. Check it out: http://shortshout.com/

No comments: